How do I set up new drivers?
Points to remember when adding a driver:
Information you will need for each driver:
- The Driver ID must be unique. No two drivers or users in an organization may share the same ID, even if they are assigned to different home terminals. Uniqueness checking is case insensitive and includes both deleted and non-deleted records.
- You must add or import home terminals before adding or importing drivers because all drivers must be assigned to an existing home terminal. If all drivers in your organization are based in a single location, you can create a single home terminal to which all drivers will be assigned.
To set up new drivers:
- The state in which the driver’s license was issued.
- Driver’s license number.
- Click Setup in the menu bar, then click Drivers.
- Click New.
- Enter driver ID - this will be the driver’s login for their in-cab tablet and must be unique to each driver. Suggestions are driver name or employee number.
- Enter first and last name.
- Assign to a home terminal.
- Choose the driver type from the drop down menu.
- Enter the driver's license number WITHOUT dashes (letters and numbers only).
- Choose the state issuing the driver's license.
- IMPORTANT: Check the box to permit web access. Drivers will need to log into the driver's portal to update logs older than 7-14 days.
- Click Save.
- You will return to the driver screen. Click View to see a list of all drivers, including driver ID, home terminal, and driver type.
- Any driver details can be edited from this screen by clicking the driver’s name.
The system will create a temporary password for each driver using the first 4 letters of the last name in uppercase, plus the last four digits of the driver’s license number. Passwords for drivers with 2- or 3- character last names will use the entire last name.
Ex: John Smith, license 123456789, would be assigned password SMIT6789
Driver's can log into the driver portal to update their password and review logs older than 7 days.